Saturday, July 14, 2007



Pete & I went out on a date with some friends tonight and got to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was nice to get out and have some fun! I was so excited to see this movie and thought it was great. I am a huge Harry Potter geek - I love everything about it. I love the characters, the plots, the imagination - they are amazing. I cant wait until Saturday so I can get book 7. I am so excited to read it, but nervous too, I am scared about the ending. One thing is for sure - I am going to be hibernating next weekend!

S loves Harry Potter too and when she found out we were going to see it she was upset. I told her it was PG-13 and that meant she needed to be 13 to see it. She didn't argue with me about it when I told her that. It always cracks me up how easy it is to tell the kids they cant do something by telling them it isn't for their age. Like games & toys for instance, if we are at store and they want something all I have to do is say it isn't for their age and they totally stop asking for it. It always makes me smile. Anyway, a little while later she was still thinking about the movie and she turned to me and said, "I wish Harry Potter was PG-8". That is so cute!








The kids had fun the last 2 days jumping on the tramp with the sprinkler underneath it. They get wet and then slip all over the place - thank goodness no one got hurt. They are so funny to watch. They really do have fun being together. I came home tonight to find all 3 of them sleeping in my bed. They looked so cute and I am so glad they have each other.

H really loves her brother and sister. She didn't even cry tonight when we left because she had them here with her. But earlier today when they left for a little while she cried for them for almost half and hour - and I was home! A couple of days ago the older 2 went over to a friends home to play and when H woke up they were already gone. She looked at me and asked "Where are my kids?" She asked me it over and over and was so upset! Finally when it was time to go and pick them up we got in the car and she yells "H is coming kids!" I am not sure what I am going to do when school starts up again and they are both gone. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Yes! We need to get our May girls together to play. I've been worried about the same thing when Emily goes back to school. Molly needs a little friend her same age to play dress-up and Barbies with.

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

I use the same age tactic with my kids -- it's like kthey won't even touch the stuff if I tell them it's not for their age. I'm taking my borrowed Harry Potter copy to Arizona next week and reading the whole thing -- then maybe on the way home I'll read the new one. Have you ever read a more imaginative, creative book? ju