Saturday, February 23, 2008
I got tagged 2 times this week! The first one was from my sister-in-law Nikki. The rules are to answer the questions, tag 5 more people and leave them a post asking them to do it too! So, here it goes...
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? It is crazy, that seems like a lifetime ago. I was a newlywed, finishing my degree in broadcasting at BYU and getting ready to go work for the summer in Los Angeles with Pete. It was a really fun time. We were living in a little duplex across the street from the hospital in Provo & we loved it! We had a great married ward and met some awesome people (right, Becca!)
2. 5 things on my to-do list today? Today is Saturday, so it is my slower day! I need to clean the house (in case a realtor comes through) - get T ready for his basketball game - pack up the kids things ( they are going to spend the night at grandma and grandpa's tomorrow) - make dinner - pack myself ( we are going away for a night!).
3. What snacks do I enjoy? O.k. anyone who knows me understands how hard this question is for me. It is like asking me to pick a favorite song - totally impossible. I love food! If I could indulge myself and have whatever I liked the list would go on forever. I love good bread, my chocolate cake, chips and salsa, popcorn, fudge pops, french fries, a good sub sandwich, any mexican dish .....
4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire? Buy a home we could live in forever, invest in real estate in my favorite places, divy out to family, and make our "job" doing service all over the world - that would be amazing!!
5. 3 bad habits? I stay up way too late, I am not very good at getting back to people by email and forget to check somedays, and I procrastinate.
6. 5 places I've lived? Roseville, Ca - Gaithersburg, Md - Provo, Ut - Santa Clara, Ca - Woodland Hills, Ca -
7. 5 jobs I've had? C'est Bon European Bakery - Rocklin Dental Center - Hewlett Packard - KBYU TV - Eclipse Marketing
8. 5 things people dont know about me? I put sunscreen on my face everyday, my mom taught me that! - I actually have quite a bit of gray hair starting to come in. I haven't dyed or plucked yet - except the crazy ones right in my part! - People think this is gross, but it is sooo good. I like to eat Ruffles with vanilla ice cream, another thing my mom taught me. - I HAVE to have the car full of food when I go on a roadtrip. My parents always packed tons for us when we went somewhere, so now when I am in the car for too long I want to snack! - Everyone always thinks that since I take about a thousand pics a month that I am a huge scrapbooker. The truth is, I haven't scrapbooked in about 8 years. I dont have the time, place or patience and I always end up not liking what I did. I am more of a digital scrapper. - **Bonus** I actually got a little excited when the rumors about NKOTB reuniting came out. Huge fan!
O.K. My turn to tag, I pick Stephanie T., Stephanie J., Becca, Julianne and Laurie. Love you guys!
Becca, I am working on yours next!!!
Posted by Amy at 4:05 PM
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
I am finally feeling a little better - last week was been a bad one in our house. Pete and I got whatever has been going around. I actually lost my voice for 2 days, it was so weird! My kids thought it was great, they kept asking me to scream as loud as I could because no sound would come out. I'm sure they enjoyed their little break from having to listen to me!
By the end of the week, I was ready to get out of the house. Luckily, I have a little girl who LOVES to do anything away from home. She cracks me up, everyday when we are getting dressed she asks me where we are going today. She loves to go to the store, to eat, to take a walk, anywhere! So, we took off on Friday and took a walk around the "downtown" area. We had so much fun, she is a great date. We had to leave early though because a crazy lady was following us around and calling me a mom with a "problem" for taking pictures!
She saw this dress in the window from across the street. When we got to it she stood there and then started singing and twirled like a ballerina!
We stopped at a little bakery and got some heart cookies, with sprinkles! She was happy.
Posted by Amy at 10:18 PM
I dont know why, but I am a clutz. Seriously, Pete makes fun of me because I am always hitting my head on things. I think I have a depth perception problem. I can't tell how close things are to my head. I have more stories about me hitting my head on things... the cleaning box at the gas station, the railing on a house boat, cabinets, car doors, and sorry to say many more. I even knocked myself out about a year ago on my van door, luckily I had buckled in the kids already!
Today I was at T's class helping them celebrate the 100th day of school, I went to take a picture of them and the camera strap went right into my eye. His teacher told all the kids to look at us and say thanks right when I was doubled over and had make-up streaming down my face. Only me, I am so cool.
Yesterday I took S to dance and she was doing her warm-ups across the floor when she slipped and face planted in front of everyone. She was embarrassed, but luckily was able to laugh it off. Like mother, like daughter?
Posted by Amy at 1:15 PM
Friday, February 1, 2008
T lost his first tooth tonight! He is so happy - not only to get out the tooth that has been hurting for a while - but he is so excited for the tooth fairy. It was funny, we caught H running away with his tooth and he said "I cant loose it, cause then I wont get money or sparkles." Then he looked at me and told me the sparkles mean "good luck." He is so cute. I wonder if he will get to sleep?
Here he is before the tooth came out. It was soo loose and sticking up so far! I put my finger underneath it and popped it out with one try. He didn't even know it happened until a couple seconds later he couldn't feel it anymore!
And here he is after! Dont you love how we make them smile for the tooth shots. I am always telling him to smile "normal" and then tonight I'm going "dont smile normal, I can't see your tooth, smile with your mouth open!" Poor guy, good thing he is happy tonight and super cute!
Posted by Amy at 8:44 PM