Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Favorite prophet


This is my favorite picture of President Hinkley. Doesn't he look great! I am sad he is gone, but so happy for him. I was thinking about the reunion he must have been having in heaven - I am sure it is a real celebration. He is an incredible man. He became prophet while I was at BYU and has been the one my kids have loved. I was talking to Pete and we were remembering one time at BYU when we were able to go and hear him speak. He gave a devotional and it was amazing to be in the room with the prophet, the feelings there were incredible. He was funny too - I remember him joking into the camera because he knew everyone was watching.
There are many things about him I love. I love his sense of humor. I love his work ethic. I love his love for everyone. I love his sweet love for his wife. I love his love of the Savior. I love his ability to answer any question with eloquence. I love the way his family loved him. I love his relationship with others. I love listening to everything he said. I love that he was a cute old man. I love him!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Loved your comments on our dear prophet -- and I LOVE that picture of him. We will miss him immensely, too.

Raimi said...

He was one remakable human being! You can't help but smile when you think of him! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Raimi