Friday, January 4, 2008

Hello Friends!

I haven't totally forgotten about my blog, even though it looks like it! The last 5 months went from crazy to complete chaos and I am just starting to feel like I can breathe again. I have been waiting for things to get easier, to have more of a schedule or to feel like I am on top of things - but I have finally come to the realization that is never going to happen!

My sister gave me a copy of Sister Beck's talk from general conference in October, and I have loved reading it again. It is an amazing talk and I feel like I can learn so much from it, but I especially like the part where she reminds us to do less. That really struck me! It seems like life is getting busier, the days are going by faster and I am not getting to enjoy them as much. I want to slow things down and do less! I want to spend time teaching, playing and making memories together with my children. Thanks Angie for helping me to find another resolution for this year!

We got to go up to the snow and play the other day, it was great! The kids had a blast. It is so funny because I have realized lately that kids (at least mine) dont care if they are hot or cold, as long as they are having fun. I was freezing after a couple hours and they were just as wet as me, but they didn't care. They loved sledding, throwing snowballs and H especially loved eating the snow! She started eating it the minute she got out of the van and didn't stop until we put her back in. Seriously, her glove was frozen stiff because she had gotten it so wet sucking on it, good thing I brought 3 pairs for her! My parents and sister's family met us up there and we all took turns going down the hills - even my mom! I was thinking about posting the video of her going down the hill, but I thought she might get mad...so here are some fun pics from our snow day -







Thanks for your quick responses and your patience with me! I am shocked you guys still check in with me after so long. I am so blessed to have such great friends!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures!!!
Looks like everyone had a fun day! Thanks for sharing that talk with us, I need to work on that too. Welcome back.

Stephanie said...

Glad to see your update. What beautiful photos and I like your new template -- How cute is that?!! Happy New Year!

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

So much fun! The last time we went to the snow I was enormously pregnant with John -- looks like it's time to head out again! Glad to see you back at blogging!

Raimi said...

Yeah for the post :)! I am so happy to see you blogging again! I know life can be so crazy. And you are right, it will most likely always be crazy (as long as there are kiddos in the home). Hang in there!
Sisters are wonderful blessings from Heavenly Father, I am glad you have a great sister.
I love the snow pictures.

Hugs!
Raimi

Jamie said...

How fun!! =)

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

We loved sledding too! Molly was so padded that she could go down the ice hills on her stomach and not even get hurt. (I love that the snow is far enough away but that we can see it when we want.)