Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First day of school!

I cant believe another school year has started! I controlled myself, but I got a little sad today when we were walking up to school. Every year since S has started kindergarten I let her walk ahead of me to take pictures - and every year T is walking right behind her. They are always some of my most favorite pictures. Today they were all walking just like usual (except this time H was in the picture too!), but they all looked so big. It was really a huge difference from last year and it made me sad. I think I have a harder time with changing grades than I do with birthdays. I was o.k. when S turned 8, it didn't seem any different than the day before when she was seven. But going to 3rd grade! That is a big step - and I remember when I was in 3rd grade - I thought I was so big.

T started kindergarten today! He was so excited and happy to be there. He had a great day and loved his teacher. I know he is going to do well, he loves to learn and is such a smart little boy. He is so sweet too. I was teasing him tonight and told him he couldn't go to school tomorrow because I missed him too much today. He grabbed my face and told me "that is the way it has got to be." I hope he always knows how proud I am of him and how much I love him.

S had a great day too. She is really happy because she has her friend Mackenzie in her class this year. She loved her teacher also - she reminds her of her teacher last year whom she adored. She just seems to be so big this year - I know I will look back and realize how she is still a baby. I love her so much.

Both of the students! It was a great first day!

No comments: