Saturday, June 13, 2009

Last day, yeah!

I can't begin to explain how happy I am school is out.  I feel just as excited as I did when I was in school!  I feel like I can finally breathe and many of my responsibilities have gone away.   

 This year has been great.  Both of the kids had amazing teachers!  We have loved being a part of a new school, it has provided many advantages.  We feel a lot of school pride and have loved the "old town" feel to our school.  With only 280 kids this first year, there have been many things the kids could not have experienced anywhere else.  They all ate, had recess, assemblies and so much more as an entire student body. They got to know everyone, regardless of grade and it made our new neighborhood so much better.   


Here they are, ready to go to their last day of 1st and 4th grade.
This is a pic for some of my friends who didn't understand my description!  This is a paint can and a clipboard that I modge podged with cardstock, then filled with cookies.  The best part is the chalkboard on the backside of the clipboard!  
Mr. T with his teacher.  After this picture he told us that he was ready to go home and play Guitar Hero.  I asked him why and he said he wanted to play "School's out!"  Funny kid.
Miss S (in her favorite shirt) and her teacher.  I can't believe she is a 5th grader now!  She is certainly starting to act like she is older!

 

 

5 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

I love the paint can with the paper on it- really cute idea!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Amy, this is blogaramarific! I love all the cute photos and I LOVE your family. Lets get those princesses together soon!

Herlehy Family said...

Darling teacher gifts! Congratulations and enjoy your summer with the kids.

Laurie said...

We love summer break! I think I am just as excited as my kids too!

OLIVIA said...

I know how you feel! I am so ready for a break! I love your teacher gifts. I need to store these ideas up for next year. I also love your daughters new hair cut! She definitely looks like a 5th grader!