Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We love Eddy...

Eddy is our family's elf and he spent the holiday season with us. He quickly became a part of the family and it was hard to say goodbye. He showed up shortly after Thanksgiving with a book that explained why he was visiting us. He returned to the North Pole every night to report to Santa how our family was doing. When he came back in the morning, he was always in a different spot!

He was great to have around. I often found the kids talking to him about many things. They would tell him about things they were doing, about changes in their wish lists and also about the behavior (mostly the bad) of their siblings. They made sure he had good food each night ( see the oreos in the picture!). He was the very first thing they looked for everyday.

We miss Eddy, but cant wait for him to come again after Thanksgiving this year!


3 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

What a darling idea...I just might have to take that idea and try it on my children.

Harris Family said...

Hi Amy-

I love your blog!! I especially love the matching pj's!

It was fun reading about your holiday, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

Laura Harris

Becca said...

That's a riot. So did you just put Eddie away recently, because Christmas is over like 3 weeks ago? Oh, wait, I just put Christmas away myself. Everytime I read your blog I want to check airfare to California to visit you.