Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bread and water...

Last Sunday was the primary program in our ward. The kids have been practicing it for a couple of weeks. Mr. T had a line to say with his class and Miss S had to give a 2 minute talk about serving others. She did awesome and looked so beautiful, so grown up. I am really proud of her, she has an amazing ability to speak in front of people.



Before church I saw this piece of bread on the counter. I didn't think too much of it. With three kids I see a lot half eaten food left on the counter. No big deal, I left it there. Whoever ate some of it might come back for more. I didn't realize what this little slice of bread meant to my little guy. When we got to church Mr. T had to wait until they called his class up to sit in front, that's when I learned.

Mr. T - "It's okay, I already had the bread and water. I did it at home."

Me - Confused, then remembering the bread at home, "Did you bless it too?"

Mr. T - "Yep."

It was so sweet. He thought he wouldn't get the sacrament if he was sitting up front and so he did it himself. It was sweet because he thought about it ahead of time and knew it was something he didn't want to miss. It was sweet because he didn't involve anyone else, it was important to him. It was sweet because I was able to see a little bit of his faith. He is just sweet.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Doesn't that make you feel so good! You are teaching your kids right.

Herlehy Family said...

That is so sweet!

Stephanie said...

Such a great little boy. He already knows the importance of the sacrament. Wow.

Lisa said...

That is so special. I can't believe such a little guy would think of that. You should be proud. Did he remember the words to the prayer?