Friday, September 19, 2008

I love this boy...



There are so many things I love about my sweet little guy. He is so smart, kind, funny and good. I miss him while he is in school all day long, I am still not used to it. These are some of the things about him that make me smile...

- Everyday after school he runs out the gate and buries his face in my waist while he hugs me. He will hug me the whole time we wait for his sister to come out of class. It makes me melt every time he does it.

- When we are walking to and from school he always holds my hand and tells me all about his "recess adventures."

- Everyday he has that little boy right off the playground smell. You know, the one that smells like a mix of blacktop, sweat, crayons and monkey bars.

- He has a laugh that makes you smile. And what I love, is the way his older sister can make him gut laugh like no one else.

- He has a memorized little spiel he says to us every night when he is going to bed.

- He loves to sleep in my bed with me when daddy is gone.

- He wakes up super early on the weekends (to watch cartoons) and then is soo tired on school days.

- He is legitimately proud of himself when he does something good. I hope he is always able to be happy with himself!

- When he makes a goal, he accomplishes it! For example, in order to play Rock Band he needed to learn the 100 words for 1st grade. He got the words, studied them and learned them in one day - no joke.

- He is really good at Rock Band!

- He has specific directions for his hair every day. Some days he likes it to the side, some days all spikes - but ALWAYS wants the front spiked up. Pete and I were laughing at Back to school night because every picture he drew of himself had his hair perfectly spiked in the front.

- He only wants to wear a suit on Sunday and he loves it when he and his dad wear matching colors.

- He tries so hard to be good and is really sensitive and sweet. If he thinks I am unhappy he can't handle it. He will always give in when he thinks it will make one of us happy. My mom and I always talk about how we hope he marries a nice girl and not one who bosses him around!

- He is always grateful, well, most of the time. And he is so happy for the little things - like homemade milkshakes, they make him so happy.

I think I could keep going on and on... I just love him.

I had to take a picture of him after school today because he came home so dirty! His school shirt actually looks grey instead of white (although the camera didn't really capture the filth.) I am glad their new school finally picked their school colors. Maybe we can get a new shirt!


4 comments:

Raimi said...

What a sweet boy! I love the cute little freckles on his nose. I can't beleive how grown up he looks! Miss you guys!

Mme. Kara said...

I love these pics of T. So fun to chat! I always love hearing about your amazing projects and ideas!

Becca said...

oh, he's like a little Pete clone. Such sweet sentiments. Thanks for visitng my blog. Tell Pete, that yes, Jeb has adopted the philosophy of "Becca is always right!" We love and miss you guys!

Kari said...

Amy if I have a boy I want him to be just like T! I love my girls and worry about having some crazy boy, but if I knew a son could turn out like him I'd want one so bad!! What a cute kid!